Wednesday, October 26, 2011

Pumpkin Frozen Yogurt

It's that time of year where it's Pumpkin Everything.  I am someone who loves Pumpkin Everything.  I am drawn to the siren song of the Green Mermaid's Pumpkin Spice Latte.  And Pumpkin Scone.  And Pumpkin Bread.  I actually have a post with a recipe for Pumpkin Bread coming soon.  Then I came across a really easy recipe for Pumpkin Frozen Yogurt and I had to give it a try.  I made a couple changes because I thought it would be great to use thick and creamy Greek yogurt and I usually keep only plain on hand, the recipe calls for vanilla yogurt, so I adjusted to sweeten my yogurt.


I used plain Greek yogurt and added 2 tbl of brown sugar and a 1/2 tsp of vanilla extract

Whisk the yogurt and pumpkin puree together with the spices
Add to your machine and mix!
Yum!

Pumpkin Spice Frozen Yogurt

Adapted From Family Kitchen

1 cup Greek yogurt (make sure moisture is poured off)
2 tablespoons brown sugar
½ teaspoon vanilla extract
1 cup pumpkin puree
1 teaspoon pumpkin pie spice

In a medium bowl, whisk the yogurt, brown sugar and vanilla together until combined.  Then mix in the pumpkin and the spices.  At this point you could take a little taste to see if you like the sweetness.  With these measurements it’s still  a bit tart, add a little more sugar and taste again if you want.
Transfer the mixture into your ice cream maker and proceed to freeze according to your machines directions.
Once it’s done, I recommend transferring it to a container and placing in the freezer for a few hours before serving.
(In the last photo I added a cookie from Trader Joe’s that’s their version of the European Biscoff cookie, which I LOVE and it pairs really well with pumpkin!)

No comments:

Post a Comment