Friday, June 10, 2011

Product Review- Newton Fruit Thins

The latest opportunity I was given in the Foodbuzz Tastemaker Program was to try Newton Fruit Thins. I was sent a package of the Cranberry Citrus Oat.  I really had no idea what to expect, I actually really like the traditional Fig Newton and some of the other Newton flavors, and I thought maybe it would still be a soft, but thin fruit cookie.  But no, thin means crisp in this case and luckily, I am someone who likes crisp cookies.  In general, I'm not hung up on textures.  I don't discriminate against one texture or another, I guess I like them all.  I digress, anyway...Newton Fruit Thins, are light and crispy with flecks of fruit, in this case; cranberry and it had a hint of orange flavor.  It was also a bit nutty in taste and texture since it contains oat.  I really liked them.  My kids were hesitant, but seemed to like them after trying a couple.  The nutritional information boasts 8 grams of whole grains per serving, which I think is 3 cookies.
I haven't tried the other flavors; Blueberry Brown Sugar, Chocolate Raspberry and Fig and Honey, but I'm thinking the next one I'd try is the Chocolate Raspberry.  These were great to pack as a snack when we were out all day for a soccer tournament.  And I was thinking that crumbled up and sprinkled with some Greek yogurt as an afternoon snack would be very yummy.
So if you pass these by in the supermarket, I would say give them a try and let me know what you think.

No comments:

Post a Comment