Tuesday, June 7, 2011

Product Review- Magnum Ice Cream Bars

Right off the bat I must confess that I love ice cream. I have a major sweet tooth and baking is my first love, but I never pass up ice cream. I actually love to make ice cream, so look to see some posts from me with recipes this summer.

So, as a member of the Foodbuzz Tastemaker Program, the new premium ice cream bars, Magnum provided the opportunity to try their product, I jumped at it. I chose their Double Caramel which is vanilla bean ice cream dipped in chocolate, then that is dipped in caramel and then dipped in chocolate again. Yum, right? Right! I am always a fan of chocolate and caramel in combination, so when given a choice I'm always going to pick that over something all chocolate or just chocolate and vanilla. It was delicious; the chocolate coating was not a fake waxy flavor, it tasted like chocolate. The caramel in between did not drip too much, but it wasn't firm and chewy. The vanilla ice cream was not a heavy super premium, which I love, but it was a nice creamy vanilla bean. It worked for this bar and tasted good.
Magnum bars come three in a package, which is not enough if you have a family, you'd have to purchase more boxes. They are $5 or less per box, I saw them for $3.86 at Walmart, which I think is a reasonable price for a good size and higher quality ice cream bar. I hope to see them in a larger "family" package or maybe sold at Costco in larger volume. If you love ice cream and ice cream treats like I do, definitely give these a try this summer.

No comments:

Post a Comment